Skip to main content

When was the last time DFV used the term "Short squeeze"?

There used to be two types of traders who knew about short squeezes. Hardcore momentum followers who'd position for possible squeeze moves, and people who short and understand there's the risk of a blow off move against you ("The market is squeezing us"). It was never in the public lexicon.

This changed to small extend with the TSLA move of 2019. There was some media attention to the shorts being squeezed in TSLA. Of course it hit mainstream after DFV was correct on the GME move. I'm curious, does anyone know the last time DFV actually used this term? Would I be right in saying he's not used it since GME was under $50? That's the last reference I can find.

Looking through Reddit history, I can not find any mention of it within the last 2 years -here was the last one.



via reddit https://ift.tt/3p7pOfo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never under estimate the ability of sceptics of market timing to mis-time the market

I won't name names, we have some here. You'll maybe have noticed them. But it's a generic thing. https://preview.redd.it/7aziwgo6wc381.png?width=1103&format=png&auto=webp&s=264ef5fa77887f4c1a74de6f69192cc842a13131 OP SPX reaction to the 161 : BeatTheBear (reddit.com) https://preview.redd.it/fzqufzlyvc381.png?width=1015&format=png&auto=webp&s=e6a98e35523cbb31a3b67d10dd27594dea026958 These are one hour candles. This post was 3 hours ago. Count them. https://preview.redd.it/qj6ba94gwc381.png?width=1901&format=png&auto=webp&s=a6a18b509ffb36c740cf6a43acfdc885331c9539 (I missed my trade, though) via reddit https://ift.tt/3lyJPu3

Magic lines suggesting various popular stocks are fucked (Part 2)

Previous posts 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 . ​ Updates to Magic lines suggesting various popular stocks might be fucked. : wallstreetbets (reddit.com) ​ AMZN Butterfly Pattern ​ Previously: https://preview.redd.it/8ttpjx7bums71.png?width=1442&format=png&auto=webp&s=b0e1e0ca4b30021bf7c4a27be5131075ed3dc2bb ​ Now: https://preview.redd.it/tib5fwqgums71.png?width=1406&format=png&auto=webp&s=ecd0fb1dc256fef3b588861f1ab48005bf755224 ​ DJI Butterfly Pattern ​ Previously: https://preview.redd.it/j5u3ooqrums71.png?width=1453&format=png&auto=webp&s=948f7e809946691cf1567d663bd222a33412c6ca ​ Now: https://preview.redd.it/ihyt1bnqums71.png?width=1406&format=png&auto=webp&s=0aacc9bcfb0191c0550f6651c6e3c9bb45545bd7 ​ AAPL Butterfly Pattern w/ AB=CD Overlay Previously: https://preview.redd.it/7pamy4zxums71.png?width=1428&format=png&auto=webp&s=73114bc7f3684b58921e675b2e33e37e07e04396 ​ N...