Skip to main content

Contradictions in things perma-bulls say to bears.

I find the contradictions in things perma-bulls say to bears to be very interesting. It shows how strong the belief in a forever bull and perhaps how unquestioned they are.

​

You'll be right eventually

But this is their whole plan. The entire concept of buy and hold is to be right eventually. When you speak about market risk people say, "I'm in it for the long-term".

​

Adding to losers

When a bear does it it's called dumb, gambling and reckless. But on the bull side this is DCA and it's regarded as optimal strategy. If a bear gets stopped out and shorts higher they're running an optimised version of the strategy bulls tend to deem as optimal.

​

Can't imagine/admit you're wrong

But it's their whole plan. Not only do they see no way they'll be wrong now but they firmly state if there's evidence they are wrong (Falling markets) they'll ignore this because it will be right eventually.

​

You can't predict the future

But I am not the one making bets assuming I know what the world will be like in 30 yrs. It's not be making predictions on the future. I'm making trade plans for what I'll do if my hypothesis is correct or incorrect.



via reddit https://ift.tt/3vOD2QM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never under estimate the ability of sceptics of market timing to mis-time the market

I won't name names, we have some here. You'll maybe have noticed them. But it's a generic thing. https://preview.redd.it/7aziwgo6wc381.png?width=1103&format=png&auto=webp&s=264ef5fa77887f4c1a74de6f69192cc842a13131 OP SPX reaction to the 161 : BeatTheBear (reddit.com) https://preview.redd.it/fzqufzlyvc381.png?width=1015&format=png&auto=webp&s=e6a98e35523cbb31a3b67d10dd27594dea026958 These are one hour candles. This post was 3 hours ago. Count them. https://preview.redd.it/qj6ba94gwc381.png?width=1901&format=png&auto=webp&s=a6a18b509ffb36c740cf6a43acfdc885331c9539 (I missed my trade, though) via reddit https://ift.tt/3lyJPu3

Magic lines suggesting various popular stocks are fucked (Part 2)

Previous posts 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 . ​ Updates to Magic lines suggesting various popular stocks might be fucked. : wallstreetbets (reddit.com) ​ AMZN Butterfly Pattern ​ Previously: https://preview.redd.it/8ttpjx7bums71.png?width=1442&format=png&auto=webp&s=b0e1e0ca4b30021bf7c4a27be5131075ed3dc2bb ​ Now: https://preview.redd.it/tib5fwqgums71.png?width=1406&format=png&auto=webp&s=ecd0fb1dc256fef3b588861f1ab48005bf755224 ​ DJI Butterfly Pattern ​ Previously: https://preview.redd.it/j5u3ooqrums71.png?width=1453&format=png&auto=webp&s=948f7e809946691cf1567d663bd222a33412c6ca ​ Now: https://preview.redd.it/ihyt1bnqums71.png?width=1406&format=png&auto=webp&s=0aacc9bcfb0191c0550f6651c6e3c9bb45545bd7 ​ AAPL Butterfly Pattern w/ AB=CD Overlay Previously: https://preview.redd.it/7pamy4zxums71.png?width=1428&format=png&auto=webp&s=73114bc7f3684b58921e675b2e33e37e07e04396 ​ N...